The Montrose Recreation District (MRD) is committed to providing recreation opportunities to the entire population of Montrose, to bring people of all ages and backgrounds together to create a unified, healthy, and fun community. The Montrose Recreation District includes 34,299 people in 15,576 households. We impact well-being through the physical and mental health benefits of recreation and believe strongly in making parks and recreation services accessible to all community members regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, or economic situation. Please see below stats from our 2022 Annual Report as well as quotes from our patrons.
What our patrons have to say:
- "MRD programs are an important part of my life. They keep me active, curious & engaged. They expose me to new ideas & new adventures that I'd never be able to access on my own. Thank you MRD!"
- "Truly, I would have to say that the many opportunities, programs, facilities, equipment, personnel, instruction, inside/outside/all weather and diversity of possibilities for health improvement, regardless of the individuals’ needs, is more than adequately addressed by the Montrose Recreation District!! I have enjoyed many facets of their programs, which have improved my own health with physical, mental, social and emotional support and improvement!"
- "I feel the MRD activities are the lifeblood of the senior community. The trips are the highlight of my socialization as I go alone and always meet a nice new friend. I would never be able to see and experience the wonderful things I have if not for the MDR trips."
- "Initially when I signed up for the family climbing class, no one knew anything about climbing. Now I can’t get my family off the climbing wall! They can even tie their own knots, and we have a wonderful activity we can do as a family."
- "MRD's 50 + program has fulfilled a decades-long hope for me that I could see Colorado. I have learned history, stood on mountain tops after exhilarating hikes, seen places I never knew existed, learned to snowshoe & love it and made lifetime friends. I have memories that I will treasure always."
- "I can’t say enough how much the MRD improves my family's life, especially my 9 year old daughter. Since participating in the program, she has learned a lot, made new friends, and had a lot of fun. It has also provided her with social interaction and exercise, giving our daughter the prospect to grow and learn."