The New Horizons Band of Montrose
This program provides an entry point to music making for 50+ adults with NO prior music experience, as well as those who were once active in a school music program. Participants must provide their own instrument and supplies. Assistance will be provided to help find an appropriate quality instrument. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Date for Informational Meeting: Wednesday, -January 24, 9:30 am at the MRD Field House located at 25 Colorado Ave
- Date for Rehearsals: Wednesdays, January 31 - April 24 (no rehearsal on March 27)
- Time: 9:30 am - 10:30 am Intermediate Band
- Time: 10:45 am - 11:45 am Beginning Band
- Fee: $40 (12 rehearsals) plus $10 music fee paid to instructor for music
- Register online or through MRD customer service desk by calling: 970-249-7705
- Location: MRD Field House located at 25 Colorado Ave, Montrose
REGISTRATION CODE: 50+MUSIC
- Instructor: Kim Lundgren, music educator with 40 years experience
Modern Square Dance
Learn to Square Dance! Experience friendship set to music. Move your body and sharpen your memory. Sample a uniquely American dance hobby that can change you and your social life. You’ll be Square Dancing before you can say ‘do si do.’
* No experience necessary.
* No partner required.
* No special outfit needed.
- Day: Monday
- Dates: Jan 22 – Apr 15 (no class Feb 19)
- Time: 10:45am – 12:45 pm
- Fee: $50 for 15 weeks
- Location: Senior Center
- Instructor: Mike Lee
- Register with MRD customer service: 970-249-7707
Open Line Dancing
Learn how to perform line dance steps and receive dance description with counts and formation.
- Days: Mondays
- Time: Beginners 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Time: Improvers 4:30 pm-4:45 pm
- Fee: $2 donation
- Locatioin: Senior Center
Join us if you play an instrument and/or sing! This is a casual group that you can attend as your time permits. Each person gets a turn to pick and lead a song while others play along. This is a free get together that takes place at the Montrose Senior Center. Spectators who enjoy listening to music are welcome to attend.
- Date: Every Monday
- Time: 3:45 pm - 5:45 pm
- Fee: FREE
- Location: Montrose Senior Center Craft Room (1800 Pavilion Drive)
Saturday Night Dances
Come have a good time dancing and listening to music from our live bands. All ages welcome!
- Time: 7:30 - 10:45 pm
- Location: Senior Center Ballroom
- Fee: $10 (no registration for this event - pay at the door)
- November 25 - Two Lane Road
- December 9 - New Vision
- December 31 - Ghost River (New Year's Eve Dance 9:00 pm - 12:30 am)
- January 13 - Lugnuts
- January 27 - New Vision
- February 10 - Ghost River
- February 24 - New Vision
- March 9 - Lugnuts
- March 23 - New Vision