50+ Cultural Tours
Nunsense at the Avalon Theatre - Grand Junction
NUNSENSE is the hilarious musical farce about a convent of Nuns staging a fundraiser to enable them to bury four nuns of their order who died of botulism in an unfortunate convent cooking accident. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Dec 9th to allow for ticket purchase.
- Date: Sat, Dec 31
- Time: 10:15 am - approximately 5:30 pm
- Fee: $45 (includes transportation and theatre ticket); bring money for lunch)
- Location: Meet at the Field House at 10:00 am
Join us for our private, painting event! We will paint on a 12” canvas that has the outline started. No artistic background required. Everyone comes out with a completed piece.
- Date: Thurs, Feb 9
- Time: 10:00 am - approximately noon
- Fee: $30
- Location: Meet at Amazing Glaze, 209 E Main St, Montrose
TLC Kitchen - Paonia
The Learning Council (TLC) kitchen crew works out of a commercial kitchen and provides locally sourced meals to the community by donation. We will learn about what TLC does and we will assist in making the community meal and then eat!
- Date: Tues, Feb 21
- Time: 8:00 am – approx. 3:30pm
- Fee: $30 (includes lunch and donation to TLC)
- Location: Meet at the Senior Center @ 7:45 am
Saturday Night at the Pea Green Community House!
The doors open at 6 pm! Listen to the band, partake in refreshments and potluck, see a short comedy routine by the Pea Green Brothers, and then listen to more music! We can pick you up if you don’t drive at night.
- Date: Sat, Feb 25
- Time: 5:30 pm – approx. 9:00 pm
- Fee: $25 (includes transportation and entry; bring a potluck dish to share)
- Location: Meet at the Field House @5:15 pm
Egyptian Theater and the Delta County Historical Museum
The historic 1928 Delta Egyptian Theater is a great example of the Egyptian Revival style that was created through the 1922 discovery of King Tut’s Tomb. Our tour includes a history lecture about the venue including the lobby, auditorium, backstage, and projector room. We will tour the Delta Historical Museum as well.
- Date: Tue, Mar 7
- Time: 10:30 am – approx. 3:00 pm
- Fee: $30 (bring money for lunch- includes donations)
- Location: Meet at the Senior Center @ 10:15 am
Secret Creek, MRD Flex Rec, LaNoue DuBois Winery
First we tour Secret Creek, formally Colorado Yurt. We will see the facility operations, factory and the outdoor village. Next we tour the new MRD Flex Rec functional fitness facility. We end our day with free wine tasting at LaNoue DuBois Winery located south of town. Discounts for military and over 65.
- Date: Thursday, Nov 3
- Time:9:00 am – approx. 3:30 pm
- Fee: $25 (bring money for lunch)
- Location: Meet at the Senior Center @ 9:00 am
Rock Art of the Shavano Valley
The inhabitants of Shavano Valley carved rock for centuries with subjects that range from BC to the 1800’s. The 2 hour rock art tour is about a 1 mile hike up and down, rocky and uneven surfaces with 8 to 10 sites to see.
- Date: Tuesday, Nov 8 & 15 (same tour repeats)
- Time: 9:45 am – approx. 1:00 pm
- Fee: $21
- Location: Meet at the Senior Center @9:30 am
Ouray Hot Springs plus Lunch & Shopping in Ouray
We will start the day shopping in downtown Ouray followed by lunch and than a soak at the Ouray Hot Springs at noon.
- Date: Thursday, Nov 17
- Time:8:30 am – approx. 3:30 pm
- Fee: $25 (over 75 yrs.); $36 (62-74 yrs.); $41 under 62 yrs. (includes Hot Springs fee- bring money for lunch)
- Location: Meet at the Senior Center @ 8:15 am