Learn A Sport or Improve Your Skills
We offer a variety of sports camps and clinics that will teach fundamental skill or improve important skills for a particular sport. Click below to register online and to see a full listing of camps offered at this time.
- Intro to Soccer Clinics
- Intro to Flag Football
- 1st & 2nd Grade Basketball
- Intro to Disc Golf clinic
- Youth Wrestling Clinic
- Sporties for Shorties
- Biddee Basketball
- Tennis Lessons
- Volleyball Skills Clinic
- Lacrosse Clinic
- Soccer Camps
- Intro to TBall
- ND42 Basketball Camp
MRD Intro Clinics
This is a great way to introduce your 3 or 4 year old to all of the sports we offer at the Recreation District! We will have three 1-hour long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid-back environment for each sport. We offer introduction clinics for T-Ball, Soccer, Flag Football and Basketball. Specific information for each sport is listed below and updated with each season.
Intro to Flag Football (Fall program) YFLAGINTRO
Intro to Flag Football is a great way to introduce your 1st & 2nd graders to the sport of football. We have 1-hour long practices where we will introduce the most basic skills in a fun, laid back environment. Much of our equipment is modified specifically for this age group.
- Fee: $26
- Days: Mondays, Sept. 12,19,26
- Time: 5:15 - 6:00 pm
- Location: Field House
- Ages: 1st & 2nd Grade
- Registration Deadline: September 5th
1st & 2nd Grade Basketball Clinic
A great way to introduce your child to the sport. 8 Foot hoops and smaller basketballs are used to teach the fundamentals and guarantee success and confidence. The first two clinics will focus on skill development. The last clinic is "game day." Register ASAP as space is limited
- Fee: $32
- Dates: Saturdays, November 5,12,19 2022
- Location: Community Recreation Center Gym
- Time: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Registration Deadline: October 25th
INTRO to Disc Golf Clinic
Have you ever wanted to try disc golf? Here's your chance. The clinic will include:
- The difference in types of discs, including plastics, flight number and more.
- The basics of throwing a disc, including drives, upshots, and putting.
- Proper course safety habits and etiquette.
Hands-on practice will include driving and putting. Recommended for teenagers age 12 and up (younger kids can attend but must be accompanied by adults). Equipment Needed: Discs if you have any. If not, then a loaner driver, mid-range, and, putter will be provided. Dress: Casual sports dress, dress for the weather, and closed-toe shoes. Skill Level: All skill levels are welcome. Training will be geared toward first-time players, beginners, and recreational players.
- Session 1: Tuesdays, Sept. 6, 13, 20
- Session 2: Mondays, Oct. 3, 10, 17
- Session 3: Wednesdays, Oct. 5, 12, 19
Times: 5:30-6:30 pm
Fee: $35, register before 8/13 for Session 1 or 9/17 for Sessions 2-3 and get a FREE disc golf starter set.
Location: Field House
Instructor: Gabriel Baca
Youth Wrestling: YWRESTLE
This is a brand new program coached by the High School coaches and wrestlers. Your child will learn the basic moves and techniques to improve their skills and have FUN, finishing with a tournament to show off what they have learned. Sign up now to be a part of this 1st year program. This is limited to 30 kids per session.
- Ages: Kindergarten and 1st grade
- Dates: November 2, 9, 16, 30
- Registration Deadline: October 23
- Fee: $26
- Location: MHS Wrestling Room
- Time: 6:00-7:00 pm
Sporties for Shorties 2023
This unique program gives children the opportunity to try out new sports. Each time we meet we will introduce the kids to a different sport. In the past we have done soccer, t-ball, hockey, golf and basketball. This program will fill up so sign up ASAP.
- Ages: 5 & 6 year olds
- Registration Deadline: A week before clinic dates *
- Fee: $26
- Session 1: April 5, 12, 19
- Times: 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
- Montrose Field House
- Registration Code: YCLNCSS
Biddee Basketball 2023
This skills clinic is for the Kindergarten and 5 year old athletes to begin working on their basketball skills. Equipment is modified with lower basketball rims and smaller basketballs so they are able to practice and improve their skills.
- Registration Deadline: January 6th
- Session 1: Tuesdays, Jan 17, 24, 31
- Session 2: Wednesdays Jan 18, 25, Feb 1
- Times: 5:00- 5:45 pm
- Location: Rec Center Gym
- Fee: $26
Tennis Lessons will be taught by Tony Ryan the current High School coach. The program is designed to help youth develop and improve fundamentals of tennis through games and fun drills. Two levels, will be offered and three age groups (6-9), (10-13) and (11-17). A limited number of free rackets are available for use during lessons.
Novice: This level is for youth that have never played or have had limited play. The fundamentals of tennis will be taught, including all strokes through use of drills and games.
Amateur: This level is for youth that have completed one or more introductory classes or have already learned the fundamental strokes of tennis. Improved mechanics of all strokes will be taught as well as basics of court position and play. Participants should already be able to maintain a short rally and hit the basic strokes.
- Location: Field House Tennis Courts (25 Colorado Ave.)
- Register by June 1st
- Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Dates: June 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 and July 12, 14, 19, 21
- Fee: $75
- Novice Times:
- Ages 6-9: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- Ages 10-13: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Amateur Times:
- Ages (11-17)11:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Girls Volleyball Clinic Girls will participate in four fun-filled clinics. These clinics will serve as an introduction to the sport of volleyball. The first two clinics will focus on skill development, the last two will be a combination of skill development and matches. Limited spaces available, so sign up today!
3rd & 4th Grade Clinic
- Registration Deadline: March 1st
- Days and Times: TBD
- Fee: $28
YOUTH INDOOR LACROSSE CLINICS
1-2nd grade boys and girls
- Registration Deadline: April 6th
- Location: Montrose Field House
- Fee: $26
- Clinic Times: 6:30-7:30 pm
- Dates: Mondays, April 11, 18, 25 and May 2nd
Challenger British Soccer Camp
Link to Challenger registration
- Location: Cerise Park
- Dates: August 1-5th, 2022
- Time: Morning and Afternoon Sessions
- Fee: Varies by Session, click on the link above
Intro to T-Ball
This is a great way to introduce your 4 and 5 year old to baseball/softball. We will have three 45 minute long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid back environment. This is perfect for those who want to play but aren't quite ready for a full season of T-Ball. All clinics will be on the indoor turf at the Montrose Field House.
- Ages: 4 and 5 years old
- Fee: $26
- Registration Deadline: One week before clinic **
- Dates: TBD
- Times: 5:15-6:00 pm
ND42 Basketball Camp:
Stay sharp in the summer and learn some new skills. The ND42 Camps were established in 2012 and have camps in 20 different states! The camp focuses on the discipline of the game and mental toughness.
Dates: June 18-19, 2022 Days: Sat and Sun
Registration Deadline: June 10 ($10 late fee)
Time: 8:00-11:00 am Fee: $80
Age: 3rd-8th Grade Location: Rec Center
Registration Code: YBBCAMP