- Game Room/ Climbing Wall
- 3 Court Gymnasium
- Leisure Pool
- Wellness Pool
- Lap Pool
- Weight Room/Fitness
- Walk/Jog Track
- Fit Zone Room
- Indoor Playground
- Party Rooms
- Child Watch
- Outdoor Amenities
- Racquetball Courts
Climbing Wall & Game Room
- 27 Feet Tall
- 12 Anchors
- 4 Auto Belays
- Painted to look like the Black Canyon
- Routes vary in difficulty from beginning to advanced and includes three cracks of varying sizes.
- Included with CRC Admission!
Climbing Wall Policies & Hours
- See "What's New" tab and click on Covid-19 updates
- Anyone who earns certification by passing the belay and/or lead test and displays their certification tag on their harness may climb on the wall when the CRC is open not just during the previously mentioned specified times.
- Must be 3 years old and weight at least 40 pounds to climb
- 300 pounds is the maximum weight to use the auto belays.
- Climbers must stay below the horizontal, white limit line unless tied in.
- Must be at least 14 years old to obtain a certification tag.
- Available for rental for $80/hour ($40/ hour for non-profits)
- View our intro to climbing/belaying classes for adults and youth.
- 8 easy adjust basketball hoops can be adjusted between 8 and 10 feet
- 7 Marked Pickleball Courts
- Community ball racks for basketball and volleyball
- Spectator seating along bar height countertop
- 3 Ceiling Mounted Volleyball Nets
- Open to the community.
- All liquids must be in a container with a lid
- Shoes that do not leave marks must be worn
- Do Not kick basketballs or volleyballs
- Dunking is only allowed during league play
- No profanity or disrespect
- Please report any incidents to the Customer Service Desk
- Gym Schedule is subject to change please check gym schedule for special events
- Two Story Winding Slide
- Lazy River
- Water Playground
- Basketball Hoop
- Volleyball Net
- Water Polo
- Drop Slide
- Slack Line
- Two Basketball Hoops
- Two 1 Meter Boards
- One 3 Meter Board
- Children under the age of 10 may be asked to take a swim test to demonstrate their ability to swim 25 yards continuously and to be safe in water up to 13 feet.
- During high use lap swimming times please follow the Circe swim rules in the lap lanes.
- All children under the age of seven must be accompanied by an actively participating adult, 16 years or older. This means an adult must be within arms reach of the child at all times. For safety of your children we require a 1:3 parent to child ratio for this age group. Children not accompanied by an adult will not be allowed to enter the pool
Weight Room & Fitness Center
The Montrose Community Recreation Center is equipped with 33 pieces of cardio equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, powermills, rowers). 13 pieces of circuit training equipment to work every major muscle group and full-service free weight area. Free fitness orientations are offered to anybody looking to learn more about the equipment and how to use it. These free orientations need to be scheduled with our fitness leader John Wagner. The weight room and fitness center operate during normal business hours for the building.
33 Pieces of Cardio Equipment
13 Pieces of Circuit Training Equipment
Full-Service Free Weight Area
11 Pieces of equipment with individual TV's/Internet and 19 that view our 4 overhead TV's
Open during normal business hours for the building
Users upstairs in the fitness, weight, track, and FitZone areas must be 16 years of age or older. Youth 14 and 15 years of age are permitted upon completion of a free fitness/weight orientation.
The indoor walk/jog track features 4 different courses of varying lengths and difficulties and is open to both walkers and joggers.
- 4 courses (Flat Course, Hill Course, Combined Hill/Flatt Track and Mountain Track)
- Mountain Track Distance: 3 Laps = 1 mile
- Combined Hill/Flat Track Distance: 6 Laps = 1 mile
- Hill Track Distance: 11 Laps = 1 mile
- Flat Track Distance: 12 Laps = 1 mile
- Strollers: allowed on the track all hours, children must remain in the stroller.
- Youth Track Times (ages 10+ accompanied by an adult)
- Monday - Friday 1:00 pm - Close
- Weekends: 12:00 - Close
- Walkers use the inside of the track, Joggers stay to the outside.
The Indoor Playground at the Montrose Community Recreation Center is located past the main lobby to the West of the front desk near the party rooms. There are no fees for using the playground.
The Montrose Community Recreation Center features 2 party rooms that can be rented out for birthday parties or other gatherings. With a retractable divider wall, the 2 party rooms can also become 1 big party room for larger groups. The Pool Side party room opens right into the leisure pool which is great for pool parties.
Child Watch - Opening May 3, 2021!
Fees and Additional Information
- Drop In: $6 per child, per visit
- 20 Punch Card: $100
- Annual Child Watch: Available for those with an Annual Membership to the facility. Twelve monthly payments of $17 per month per child for unlimited visits or $204 paid in full.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Ages: 3 months to 10 years old.
Climbing Boulders - Free use
The outdoor track at the Montrose Community Recreation Center is a concrete path 8 feet wide that loops around the building. There are 2 routes the perimeter loop (1.5 laps for 1 mile) and the figure-eight loop (1 lap for 1 mile).
There are 6 courts available to the public on the north end of the Rec Center property. Please be sure to follow the posted rules regarding footwear and court rules. If you want more information about pickleball or how to get started, CLICK HERE for more information.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Thanks to a grant from the Colorado Energy Office, the EV Charging Stations in the north parking lot (by the pickleball courts) are now available for use.
- Open During CRC general Hours.
- For more information on Reservations and Policies CLICK HERE.
Racquetball Court Policies
Shoes and balls which mark the courts are prohibited. Wrist straps are required and protective eye wear is strongly recommended. Racquetball Racquets, balls and eye ear are available to check out at the front desk
A valid annual pass, punch pass or daily admission must be purchased at the front desk to use the courts. A court schedule will be posted daily.
Racquetball courts will be open during normal CRC business hours.
Reservations can be made up to 48 hours in advance by calling the front desk (970) 249-7705 or online.
Reservations will be in 1 hour blocks and players may only reserve 1 block at at a time. To make arrangements to rent the courts for larger groups for longer periods please email Jeremy.
If a reservation is not claimed within 15 minutes of the start time all rights to that reservation are forfeited. The court then becomes first come first serve.
Courts that are not reserved are available for walk-ins for up to 1 hour.
Courts may be reserved for racquetball, handball and Wallyball. Wallyball requires time to set up so consider that when making your reservation. Due to the time constraints their must be at least 4 players in order to reserve the court for Wallyball.
Children under the age of 16 may not use the racquetball courts unless they are supervised directly by an adult.