Thanks for picking up a copy of MRD’s Summer 2013 activity guide! In contemplating my message for this guide, I considered my usual topic: efforts to bring Montrose its 1st multi-purpose Community Recreation Center. While this is certainly relevant discussion, what matters just as much in MRD accomplishing our mission to build community and sustain and improve the quality of life in Montrose, is our people.
So, I’d like to recognize and thank the great people who are at the core of the service we provide. This includes our seasonal and part-time staff, 210 in 2012, who work diligently in providing recreational opportunities that provide abundant personal and community-wide benefits. This includes services in aquatics, youth activities, adult programs, 50+ services, general interest, fitness/wellness…the list goes on and on and the number of positions is far too many to list. And then there are our wonderful volunteers, which I’ll save for a future message.
Additionally, the great fellow full time staff members I have the privilege of working with every day. This team comprises the core of the organization, 10 dedicated colleagues with 100+ years of MRD experience.
- Coz Sisneros: Over 36 years serving the community
- Tom Thomas: Over 20 years serving the community
- Lorie Orme: Over 13 years serving the community
- Justin Mashburn: Over 7 years serving the community
- Tracie Rief: Over 6 years serving the community
- Wade Ploussard: Over 5 years serving the community
- Liz Gracesun: Over 5 years serving the community
- Cindy Marino: Over 5 years serving the community
- Mike Lopez: Over 4 years serving the community
- Melissa Lords: Over 3 years serving the community
A major reason why I believe Montrose should have the multi-purpose Community Recreation Center (CRC) it needs is because this team has proven we have the capability to be good stewards of public resources, resources mobilized to best serve the community. Interacting with any of the fine individuals listed above will reveal that MRD is ready to better serve the needs of the community in a more efficient and cost-effective way with a multi-purpose CRC rather than our current, limited indoor facility.
Please help me thank these hard working public servants by giving us the greatest possible compliment: you and your family’s participation in MRD programs and services.
Thanks for being a patron! -Ken
Questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at