The Summer Tennis Program is designed to help youth develop and improve fundamentals of tennis through games and fun drills. Depending on interest, two levels of skill will be offered and three age groups (6-8), (9-10), and (11-18) will be formed for each level. The instructor may move students to a group that best meets their need. A limited number of rackets are available for use during the lessons at no charge.
Novice: This level is for youth that have never played or have had limited play. The fundamentals of tennis will be learned. Ages 6-10 will be instructed in the new USTA Quick Start program, designed specifically for this age group.
Amateur: This level is for youth that have completed one or more introductory classes or have already learned the fundamental strokes of tennis. Improved mechanics of all strokes will be taught as well as basics of court position and play.
Participants should already be able to maintain a short rally and hit the basic strokes.
- Location: Holly Park Tennis Courts, 2100 S. Rio Grande Ave.
- Days: Monday - Thursday
- Session I: June 3-13, register before May 31
- Session II: June 17-27, register before June 14
- Fee: $40/two week session
- Instructor: Aaron Arellano
- Novice Times:
- Ages 6-8: 8:00-9:00 a.m. (I: #6476; II: #6482)
- Ages 9-10: 9:00-10:00 a.m. (I: #6477; II: #6483)
- Ages 11-18: 10:00-11:00 a.m. (I: #6478; II: #6484)
- Amateur Times:
- All ages: 11:00 am - Noon (I: #6481; II: #6485)