Pickleball Drop-In PlayTry out one of the fastest growing sports in the country! Pickleball is a racket sport which combines the elements of badminton, tennis and table tennis. The game is easy for beginners to learn but can develop into a quick, fast paced, competitive game for experienced players. New players are encouraged to attend the Intro to Pickleball Clinic. Call Cindy at 252-4884 for more information.
- Date: August - November
- Fee: Prices of admission to the Rec. Center
- Days: See Schedule
- Location: Montrose Community Recreation Center 16350 Woodgate Rd.
Intro to Pickleball
Instructor Doug Rood will teach you the rules of the game, strategy, paddle technique and court position. Improve your serve, ground strokes, backhand, overhead, dinks, lobs and drop shots through drills and playing games. All equipment is provided.
- Fee: $20/ person
- Location: Montrose Community Recreation Center
- Days/Dates: By appointment - call Doug at 305-304-3656
Montrose Sweet 16 Tournament
You do not need a partner to participate in this fun, fast paced tournament! You rotate and get to play with a variety of partners. Players sign up as individuals. Every player gets to play with 6 other people. The posted rotation schedule shows who you play with and against. You play six, 15 minute games and have 2 byes. 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0+ levels.
- Date: TBA Please check in the Winter/Spring Guide
- 3.0 & 3.5 division times: 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- 4.0 division times: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Fee: $ TBD
- Location: Montrose Community Rec. Center Gym