- Beginners Archery
- Youth Kayak Lessons
- Middle school mountain bike
- Dirt Bike Class
- Youth Powderhorn Trips
Check out some of our new paddle boarding programs!
Intro to Stand Up Paddle Boarding - 3302038
Learn the basics of SUP. All equipment is provided. A great introductory course for any and all who want to learn how to SUP, refine technique or gain practice time on the water with a certified SUP instructor. All participants must be comfortable in a personal flotation device.
- Youth Sessions: June 14 and 19 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Fee: $45
- Location: Taviwach Park
Surf SUP Classes - 3302035
Stand up paddle boarding on lakes is fun but add some current and whitewater for a whole new experience! All equipment is provided. Plan on a fun filled day learning river dynamics, how to get in and out of eddies, ferrying across the river and river surfing! For river SUP, you should be in adequate physical condition and be a comfortable swimmer. Must have previous SUP experience.
- Ages: 12-17 (youth) 18 and older (adult)
- Fee: $60
- Location: Riverbottom Water Sports Park
- Session 1: Thursday, June 14
- Session 2: Thursday, June 21
- Time: 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. (youth) & 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. (adult)
Students will be instructed on the proper use and care of a compound bow. They will also learn the techniques of shooting a bow and get lots of time practicing on the range.
- Session 1: Mondays, July 23 - August 27
- Session 2: Wednesdays, July 25 - August 29
- Time: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Fee: $40
- Ages: 8 and older
Youth Kayak Lessons
This program will be geared to help kids get in on the fun of the new Water Sports Park! All courses will be taught by 4 Corners Whitewater. Participants must have passed level 3 swim lessons at the Community Recreation Center or pass a swim test. Class sizes are limited to 8 so register early. All equipment is provided to the participants.
- Dates: Saturdays, June 9-30 or July 8-29
- Location: CRC & Montrose Water Sports Park
- Time: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Ages: 8-18
- Fee: $150 (scholarships available)
Middle School Mountain Bike Skills Clinic
The Montrose High School Mountain Bike team and coaches are hosting a skills clinic for beginner to intermediate riders. Learn how to execute skills correctly and safely. Also learn about how to become part of the MHS Mountain Bike Team. Bike must be in good working order. Bring a helmet and water. A few loaner bikes will be available.
- Date: Sunday, April 22
- Fee: $30
- Time: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Cerise Park
- Register by: Wednesday, April 18
- Grades: 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th
Dirk Bike- Off Road Motorcycle Course
Motorcycling is the dirt is just clean family fun! Participants start with proper bike selection, sitting on the bike, learning the controls and straight line riding. Riders then progress to learn to ride circles, make sharp turns and how to ride hills. There are additional exercises and drills for more experienced riders. Helmets and dirt bikes are provided. Please bring water and snacks.
- Ages 6 - 11: Saturday, June 2
- Ages 12 - Adult: Sunday, June 3
- Ages 6 - 11: $100
- Ages 12 - Adult: $120
- Location: Peach Valley Road Riding Area
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Fee: $100
Powderhorn Ski & Snowboard Days
Let MRD do the driving and get a great rate on ski lessons at the same time! Never skied or boarded before? No problem. Full day lessons and equipment rental are available for one low cost. Just bring your lunch, we will take care of the rest. there is no MCSD school on the dates below. you must register in person at the Rec. Center. Space is limited so sign up ASAP.
- Thank you to everybody who participated this year it was a great trip! See you next Winter.