Learn A Sport or Improve Your Skills
We offer a variety of sports camps and clinics that will teach fundamental skill or improve important skills for a particular sport. Click below to register online and to see a full listing of camps offered at this time.
- Intro to Soccer Clinics
- Intro to Flag Football
- 1st & 2nd Grade Basketball
- Biddie Basketball
- Sporties for Shorties
- Tennis Lessons
- Volleyball Skills Clinic
- Youth Wrestling
- Lacrosse Clinic
- Soccer Camps
- Intro to TBall
MRD Intro Clinics
This is a great way to introduce your 3 or 4 year old to all of the sports we offer at the Recreation District! We will have three 1-hour long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid-back environment for each sport. We offer introduction clinics for T-Ball, Soccer, Flag Football and Basketball. Specific information for each sport is listed below and updated with each season.
Intro to Flag Football (Fall program) YFLAGINTRO
Intro to Flag Football is a great way to introduce your 1st & 2nd graders to the sport of football. We have 1-hour long practices where we will introduce the most basic skills in a fun, laid back environment. Much of our equipment is modified specifically for this age group.
- Fee: $26
- Session 1; Tuesdays, October 5, 12, 19
- Session 2; Wednesdays October 6, 13, 20
- Time: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Location: Field House
- Ages: 1st & 2nd Grade
- Registration Deadline: September 27th
1st & 2nd Grade Basketball Clinic
A great way to introduce your child to the sport. 8 Foot hoops and smaller basketballs are used to teach the fundamentals and guarantee success and confidence. The first three clinics will focus on skill development. The last clinic is "game day." Register ASAP as space is limited
- Fee: $32
- Dates: Saturdays, November 6,13, 20 and December 4th
- Location: Community Recreation Center Gym
- Time: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Registration Deadline: October 25th
This skills clinic is for the Kindergarten and 5 year old athletes to begin working on their basketball skills. Equipment is modified with lower basketball rims and smaller basketballs so they are able to practice and improve their skills.
- Registration Deadline: January 11th
- Dates: TBA
- Fee: $28
Sporties for ShortiesThis unique program gives children the opportunity to try out new sports. Each time we meet we will introduce the kids to a different sport. In the past we have done soccer, t-ball, hockey, golf and basketball. This program will fill up so sign up ASAP.
- Ages: 5 & 6 year olds
- Registration Ends:
- Fee: $30
- Days: Check Back Dates Coming Soon
- Time: 5:15 - 6:15 pm
- Montrose Field House (Basketball will be at the CRC)
Tennis Lessons will be taught using current USTA curriculum by USPTA Certified Professional, Brittany Phillips. The program is designed to help youth develop and improve fundamentals of tennis through games and fun drills. Two levels, will be offered and three age groups (6-9), (10-13) and (11-17). A limited number of free rackets are available for use during lessons.
Novice: This level is for youth that have never played or have had limited play. The fundamentals of tennis will be taught, including all strokes through use of drills and games.
Amateur: This level is for youth that have completed one or more introductory classes or have already learned the fundamental strokes of tennis. Improved mechanics of all strokes will be taught as well as basics of court position and play. Participants should already be able to maintain a short rally and hit the basic strokes.
- Location: Field House Tennis Courts (25 Colorado Ave.)
- Session 1: June 1 - 24 REGISTER by May 28th
- Session 2: June 29- July 22 REGISTER by June 25th
- Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Fee: $56 per session
- Novice Times:
- Ages 6-9: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- Ages 10-13: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Amateur Times:
- Ages (11-17)11:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Lessons are also available
- Semi Private: $25 per hour per person
- Private: $40 per hour
There is a 3 lesson minimum
Girls Volleyball Clinic Girls will participate in four fun-filled clinics. These clinics will serve as an introduction to the sport of volleyball. The first two clinics will focus on skill development, the last two will be a combination of skill development and matches. Limited spaces available, so sign up today!
3rd & 4th Grade Clinic
- Registration Deadline: March 1st
- Days and Times: TBD
- Fee: $28
Youth Wrestling: YWRESTLE
This is a brand new program coached by the High School coaches and wrestlers. Your child will learn the basic moves and techniques to improve their skills and have FUN, finishing with a tournament to show off what they have learned. Sign up now to be a part of this 1st year program. This is limited to 25 kids per session.
- Dates: November 29-December 16 and January 10-28
- Registration Deadline: November 19th
- Fee: $42
- Location: MHS Wrestling Room
- Session 1: Monday/Wednesday (Kindergarten-2nd Grade)
- Session 2: Tuesday/Thursday (3rd- 5th Grade)
- Time: 6:30-7:30 pm
YOUTH INDOOR LACROSSE CLINICS
- Registration Deadline: TBD
- Location: Montrose Field House
- Fee: $20
- Clinic Times:
- Elementary 9:00 - 11:00 a.m
- MS Boys 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
- MS Girl 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Dates: TBD
Challenger British Soccer Camp
Link to Challenger registration
- Location: Cerise Park
- Dates: August 2-6th, 2021
- Time: Morning and Afternoon Sessions
- Fee: Varies by Session, click on the link above
Intro to T-Ball
This is a great way to introduce your 3 or 4 year old to baseball/softball. We will have three 1-hr long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid back environment. This is perfect for those who want to play but aren't quite ready for a full season of T-Ball. All clinics will be on the indoor turf at the Montrose Field House.
- Ages: 3 and 4 years old
- Fee: $26
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday, June 1st
- Session 1: Tuesdays, June 8, 15, 22
- Session 2: Wednesdays, June 10, 17,24
- Times: 5:15-6:15 pm